Welcome to the 22nd International ICFMH Symposium, Food Micro 2010
The Danish Center for Advanced Food Studies (LMC), Lund University and the Swedish Society for Microbiology look forward to welcoming you in Copenhagen in 2010.
We are planning an exciting congress with the overall theme: Microbial Behaviour in the Food Chain.
Special emphasis will be on how microbes respond to changes in their environment and the congress will address applied and fundamental aspects of microbial behaviour in
- Food fermentation and spoilage
- Adverse environments
- Risk assessment
- Food production
- The intestinal tract
Food Micro 2010 will be held at the Bella Center in the Oresund region, and will be dedicated to the renaissance of microbial physiology for the production of fresh, safe, and healthy foods.
The congress intends to bring together scientists from the forefront of all sectors within the community of microbial behaviour, to highlight the latest scientific developments in the field.
The official language of the congress is English.
- August 24, 2010: Programme for the pre-course is available
- August 23, 2010: An updated version of the short programme overview is available
- August 23, 2010: A new version of the final scientific programme for the congress is available
- August 16, 2010: The programme for the ICFMH workshop has been updated
- August 16, 2010: The final programme for the congress is available
- July 21, 2010: A new updated preliminary programme is available
- July 8, 2010: An updated preliminary programme is available now
- June 4, 2010: Final programme for the ICFMH Workshop is available
- May 26, 2010: The deadline for registration at low fee has been postponed to June 4, 2010 due to technical problems at the congress office
- May 26, 2010: If you have NOT received a notification letter about your submitted abstract, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Before making contact, please make sure to check contents of your spam filter first
- May 25, 2010: Notification about acceptance of abstracts will be sent of today
- April 14, 2010: The deadline for receipt of applications for the ICMHF Scholarships has been extended to April 30, 2010
- April 12, 2010: Developing country student grants
- April 7, 2010: New workshop August 30 about 'Predictive modelling for Improved Control of Listeria monocytogenes in Food Chains'
- April 6, 2010: Guidelines for ICFMH Scholarships available - see ICFMH Symposium
- April 6, 2010: Programme available for ICFMH Symposium August 30
- March 24, 2010: Abstract submission closed
- March 1, 2010: New deadline for submission of abstracts - March 15
- January 19, 2010: The homepage have been updated so now it is possible to register for the congress and submit abstracts.
- December 9, 2009: Preliminary programme overview and Preliminary programme now available
- September 9, 2009: Preliminary Programme and updated list of keynote speakers now available
- February 25, 2009: First version of congress homepage launched
Registration (low fee): 4 June
Final registration (high fee): 15 July
Submission of abstracts for posters and
oral presentations: 15 March
Registration for PhD pre-course: 15 July
Registration for EU-seminar: 15 July
- Director Jorgen Schlundt
- Dr. Alexandra Gruss
- Prof. Paul Ross
- Prof. Jay Hinton
- Prof. Ferric Fang
- Dr. Tom Ross
- Prof. Arie Havelaar
- Prof. Michael P. Doyle
- Prof. Frank Devlieghere
- Dr. Fredrik Bäckhed
- Prof. Willem de Vos